Monday, January 17, 2011

Jobs taking a medical leave of absence

 Steve Jobs is taking a medical leave of absence so he can focus on his health.

The computer giant's shares fell by more than 8 percent on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange

  1. More must-see stories
    1. Image: Volvo C30 Electric car on display during
      AFP - Getty Images
      The stars in Motown

      Slideshow: Fuel-efficient electric cars, upscale sedans and trucks make their debuts at the 2011 North American International Auto show.

    2. Your Career: The family medical leave debate
    3. Slideshow: A decade of Car of the Year winners
    4. Life Inc.: I'll get to it, when the economy picks up

Jobs  will continue as chief executive and involved in major strategic decisions.

Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook, 50, will be responsible for day-to-day operations.  

Many people consider Cook as Jobs' logical successor.

While this may nit effect the strategic pln over the next couple of years, wording to a couple of reports I looked at, it will add some spice to the trading I the near term.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.